The NHS North West Leadership Academy (NHS NWLA) along with NHS England are co-designing and developing a simple and practical toolkit that takes team leaders and their teams through a journey to develop and enhance their health and wellbeing.
Developed from the Health and Wellbeing framework and building on the Healthy Leadership Framework, stakeholders have asked for a simple tool to help frontline managers and their teams engage with and embed the principles of Healthy Leadership and the Health and Wellbeing Framework and promote a wellbeing culture in their setting.
Design user groups will be used to test out the structure and content of two domains of the Health and Wellbeing (HWB)Team Journey (which is part of the HWB Toolkit) - securing feedback and improvement ideas.
The design users will go away with the healthy leadership self and team diagnostic and supporting resources to apply within their own teams.
Design User Group Dates
All sessions will be held virtually via Zoom. Please book one session from the following available dates and times:
- Tuesday 5th April 2022, 2pm to 4pm - book here
- Thursday 7th April 2022, 2pm to 4pm - book here
- Tuesday 12th April 2022, 2pm to 4pm - book here
Pilot Teams (May – July 2022)
We are looking for 9 teams who would be interested in piloting the journey over a period of 8 weeks starting in May and concluding in July 2022. They will be asked to provide feedback at the end of the team's journey. The teams will be drawn from across health and care including care homes and charitable organisations etc. Learnings from participating pilot teams will be captured and will be acknowledged in the final version of the toolkit.
What do we need to demonstrate to be a pilot for the journey?
Commitment and requirement to the pilot would need teams:
- With a team leader or designated team member to ‘hold the process’ for the team to work through the team journey. For the team leader to attend a virtual orientation session on 10th May 2022.
- Who meet regularly as a team (every 2 weeks)
- Who are willing to review and complete parts of the HWB Team journey
- Who are willing to gather data insights to understand their teams’ current health and wellbeing needs
- Who are prepared to plan and start on actions that are key areas of focus
- Who are prepared to undertake the Healthy Leadership self-assessment and team assessment
- To commit to reflection and action planning
- Who will take part in an evaluation process – meet with the evaluator at the start and end of the HWB journey (1hr each session via virtual platform)
- To commit time to piloting the journey - approx. 3.5 – 5 days
Is your team from any of these types of organisation?
If you are a team leader or team members from different organisational types and sectors, then you are welcome to apply
- Nursing/care homes
- Charitable sector
- Primary care (GP, Dentist, Pharmacist, Practice Manager)
- Secondary care (Acute and Ambulance)
- Community (or combined services)
- Mental Health
- Social Care
Expression of Interest
If you would like to take part in the pilot phase, please complete a short expression of interest survey here. Please submit your expression of interest by Thursday 14th April 2022.
For any queries or questions please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team on NWLA.email@example.com