Supporting executive leaders across health and care to meet the challenges of leadership over the coming years and to deliver the ambitions of the NHS People Plan.
The Executive Suite: Supporting senior leaders in health and care is a new way of offering leadership development and lifelong learning. It creates the foundation for evidence-based lifelong leadership learning for executive leaders across health and social care, allowing a pick and mix flexible approach to development that complements formal programmatic leadership programmes and fits in around busy working lives.
Resources and offers
The Executive Suite has a wide range of offers available to support you throughout your executive journey, with offers ranging from 1:1 psychological support to racial justice focused action learning sets:
Ideas to drive your leadership practice. Content includes: masterclasses beginning with racial justice, The Kings Fund masterclasses and curated thought leadership pieces.
- To complement this offer you can also access North West Collaborative Masterclasses and watch back previous sessions.
Connecting and Developing
Spaces for discussion through specialist networks, communities and resources. Content includes: Virtual Action Learning Sets, Chief Executive Development Network, Action for change, career management online resources and online communities.
Leading in Systems
Developing systems thinking and leadership practice. Bringing together systems thinking resources and support. Content includes resources and link to your regional team.
- To complement this offer, you can access a number of local resources which include the System Leadership Behaviour Framework (and conversation cards), Citizen Leadership Toolkit, Virtual Leadership sessions and various development modules.
Support in difficult times
Access to mentoring and psychological support. Content includes 1:1 Psychological support from the Association of Chartered Psychologists and Mentoring from the Army Centre for Leadership.
- To complement this offer, senior leaders can access local Executive Coaching, a vast range variety of expert Health & Wellbeing offers and programmes.
New in Post
Onboarding resources for senior leaders including Our NHS People Health & Wellbeing resources, frameworks, induction, HLM, and digital resources.
Who is the offer aimed at?
The target is executive leaders across health and care:
- Trust Board executives and chairs
- CCG accountable officers and clinical chairs
- Integrated Care Systems and Sustainability and Transformation Partnership leaders
- Social care executive leaders
- Health arms-length bodies executive leaders
The digital offer will develop and grow through collaboration between Leadership and Lifelong Learning and executives making it responsive and dynamic to executive leaders' needs. A small number of offers are limited to NHS leaders, however the vast majority are available to all senior leaders in health and care.