Open to aspiring talent at sub board level and very senior leaders in Primary Care.
This workshop has been designed for board and governing body system leaders and senior leaders who chair complex meetings. The workshop will give clear guidelines on best practice in the preparation, planning and structure of meetings to ensure successful outcomes.
It will also enable participants to learn and practice the effective skills/facilitation of chairing and participating in more productive meetings.
This interactive module will provide delegates with the opportunity to participate in a range of exercises, such as role play and facilitation of groups. Delegates will receive professional support in developing an action plan in relation to their role as the chair of meetings. The content will cover:
- Best practice in chairing meetings and how to use these tips to improve how you are currently managing meetings.
- How to use your interpersonal skills to keep control of the meeting and disarm disruptive participants.
- Introducing each agenda item, and making sure they are dealt with effectively.
- Structuring discussions to build group consensus and gain a clear decision on each specific agenda item.
- Identifying what can go wrong in meetings and knowing what action to take to ensure participants keep focused on the task.
- How to encourage appropriate participation and eliminate time wasting.
- A range of scenarios to discuss the dynamics and behaviours of members at meetings and through role play, look at how the chair can manage these.
Who is it for?
This workshop is available to aspiring talent at sub board level and CCG Governing Body members.