Developing Self-Compassion and Shaping Your Culture
Following on from the success and positive feedback of our previous cohorts of the Compassionate Leadership Coaching Programme, the NHS North West Leadership Academy is delighted to confirm a new cohort running from January 2020.
Every organisation is faced with an ever-changing and constantly challenging economy where delivering more with less is the priority. Unfortunately, this only increases stress and anxiety related symptoms in those undertaking leadership roles. This distinctive coaching programme will enable those responsible for leading in organisations and/or across their system and locality, to acknowledge and respond to their own need for compassion and therefore allow them the opportunity to more fully engage, support and influence colleagues and staff in their delivery of compassionate care to citizens and communities.
This 8 week programme is a unique opportunity for senior leaders (NHS Organisation Directors, Executive Leads and those working in system level roles in transformation footprints) working in the complex and changing landscape of health and care, to work with a chartered occupational psychologist to explore self-compassion through a group coaching relationship and webinars.
The programme will consist of the following components and participants will be expected to commit to all activities across an 8 week period:
- Four online group coaching sessions, each lasting one hour, conducted through an online meeting service
- Access to four fifty minute training webinars looking at the theory and practice of self-compassion, a daily reflective diary, four brief key tasks, an action plan and podcasts are included
How to Apply
Applications are limited - CLICK HERE to download an application form.
The deadline has been extended. Please return completed forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Tuesday 19th November 2019. Also please ensure you hold the relevant dates and times in your diary to enable full participation in the programme.
The outcomes for programme participants will be:
- To be introduced to the three core components of self-compassion
- To have understood the theory, research and scientific support of self-compassion and to learn about and practice all the basic aspects relevant to self-compassion
- To have developed personal practice of self-compassion and discussed this with a suitably qualified coach and expert in the field of self-compassion
- To have made the connection from personal practice of self-compassion to a leadership role and discussed the implications and challenges of this in the working environment, as well as identified actions to overcome these through the use of a live action plan
- To receive relevant information to maintain ongoing self-compassion practice
- To have begun to role model compassionate approaches as a leader
- To have been given the opportunity and support to develop a ‘Community of Practice’ in regard to self-compassion in the workplace
Explore our featured blogs to find out more about the concept of self-compassion and its links to health and wellbeing support:
Self-Compassion at Work: New Year, New Start! | Looking at the three core components of self-compassion and the tools and techniques to cultivate these three elements into our lives.
Summer Network Learning Event - Self-Compassion in Coaching and Mentoring | A review of the learning from our event in June 2019, focusing on developing self-compassion to benefit relationships and coaching/mentoring practice.
Read an in depth review of the impact of this programme in our case study.
Participant Feedback for the Compassionate Leadership Coaching Programme
“I think it has helped me to take a more balanced view of my role and career as well as how to approach difficulties in a more meaningful manner”
“This course has been really positive for me, and certainly helped challenge myself in my perspective of developing as a Compassionate and effective leader”
“I would recommend this programme to colleagues as I am sure people would benefit from understanding it concepts and underlying philosophy”
“I would encourage all leaders to engage in a self-compassion programme as it has led to some significant and meaningful changes for my own approach in both my working and personal life”
For any queries or further information please contact email@example.com.