Developing Self-Compassion and Shaping Your Culture
Every organisation is faced with an ever-changing and constantly challenging economy where delivering more with less is the priority. Unfortunately, this only increases stress and anxiety related symptoms in those undertaking leadership roles. This distinctive coaching programme will enable those responsible for leading in organisations and/or across their system and locality, to acknowledge and respond to their own need for compassion and therefore allow them the opportunity to more fully engage, support and influence colleagues and staff in their delivery of compassionate care to citizens and communities.
This 8 week programme is a unique opportunity for senior leaders (NHS Organisation Directors, Executive Leads and those working in system level roles in transformation footprints) working in the complex and changing landscape of health and care, to work with a chartered occupational psychologist to explore self-compassion through a group coaching relationship and webinars.
How to Apply
Applications are now opren for the current Compassionate Leadership Coaching Programme. Complete your application and confirm your cohort attendance preference here.
Confirmed Upcoming Programme Dates -
Cohort 1 - Introduction to Programme Webinar and Introductory Questionnaire (Link sent on 12th September – watched and completed by 28th September)
Online Group Coaching Session One - Wednesday 28th September (2pm-3pm)
Online Group Coaching Session Two - Tuesday 11th October (2-3pm)
Online Group Coaching Session Three - Thursday 27th October (11am-12pm)
Online Group Coaching Session Four- Tuesday 8th November (9am-10am)
Post-Programme Online Group Workshop - Thursday 8th December (10.30am-12pm)
Follow Up Online Group Coaching Session - Wednesday 8th March (11am-12pm)
Cohort 2 - Introduction to Programme Webinar and Introductory Questionnaire (Link sent on 10th October – watched and completed by 20th October)
Online Group Coaching Session One - Thursday 27th October (2pm-3pm)
Online Group Coaching Session Two - Tuesday 8th November (11am-12pm)
Online Group Coaching Session Three - Wednesday 23rd November (2pm-3pm)
Online Group Coaching Session Four - Tuesday 6th December (2-3pm)
Post-Programme Online Group Workshop - Thursday 5th January (10.30am-12pm)
Follow Up Online Group Coaching Session - Tuesday 28th March (9am-10am)
The outcomes for programme participants will be:
- To be introduced to the three core components of self-compassion
- To have understood the theory, research and scientific support of self-compassion and to learn about and practice all the basic aspects relevant to self-compassion
- To have developed personal practice of self-compassion and discussed this with a suitably qualified coach and expert in the field of self-compassion
- To have made the connection from personal practice of self-compassion to a leadership role and discussed the implications and challenges of this in the working environment, as well as identified actions to overcome these through the use of a live action plan
- To receive relevant information to maintain ongoing self-compassion practice
- To have begun to role model compassionate approaches as a leader
- To have been given the opportunity and support to develop a ‘Community of Practice’ in regard to self-compassion in the workplace.
The programme will consist of the following components.
- Four online group coaching sessions, each lasting one hour, conducted through an online meeting service. Including a one hour follow up group coaching session which will take place following the conclusion of the programme
- Access to five training webinars looking at three key components of self compassion
Please ensure your availability to attend ALL group coaching sessions listed prior to applying for a place on this programme. If you are successful in your application, your programme will be delivered on the dates shown below, therefore please hold them in your diary. Please note that between each coaching session there is a requirement to watch a webinar of 40/50 minutes duration, complete a short key task and complete a brief daily reflective diary.
- Electronic Pre-Programme Metrics and Questionnaire (maximum 30 minutes)
- Introduction to Programme Webinar (40 minutes)
- Online Group Coaching Session One (1 hour)
- Online Group Coaching Session Two (1 hour)
- Online Group Coaching Session Three (1 hour)
- Online Group Coaching Session Four (1 hour)
- Electronic Post-Programme Metrics and Evaluation (maximum 30 minutes)
- Post-Programme Online Group Workshop (1.5 hours)
- Follow Up Online Group Coaching Session with Cohort (Community of Practice) (1 hour)
Explore our featured articles to find out more about the concept of self-compassion and its links to health and wellbeing support:
Self-Compassion at Work | Looking at the three core components of self-compassion and the tools and techniques to cultivate these three elements into our lives.
Summer Network Learning Event - Self-Compassion in Coaching and Mentoring | A review of the learning from this event, focusing on developing self-compassion to benefit relationships and coaching/mentoring practice.
Journey to Self-Compassion - Our Compassionate Leadership Coaching Programme | Read an in depth review of the impact of this programme in our case study.
Participant Feedback for the Compassionate Leadership Coaching Programme
“The programme enabled me to take time out and focus on my own resilience; developed my coping mechanisms in challenging situations; and, as a consequence, be able to do the same for others."
“I would encourage all leaders to engage in a self-compassion programme as it has led to some significant and meaningful changes for my own approach in both my working and personal life."
If you have any queries in the meantime or any issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.