These 90-minute Virtual Leadership sessions for Senior Leaders are delivered via Zoom. To express an interest in these sessions, please complete this survey.
Virtual Leadership Masterclass
This practical, participative virtual masterclass invites you to consider how we model collaborative, inclusive leadership in the current context of pressing demands, remote working and the emotional rollercoaster of the pandemic.
The masterclass will cover:
- How do we model collaborative, inclusive leadership behaviour in the current context?
- How do we create and sustain a climate of psychological safety in our virtual work?
- How do we keep and embed a sense of connection amongst our colleagues when we’re working remotely?
Leading Remote Teams
In front of our computers, we can sometimes feel disconnected or isolated in our work. Without the usual corridor conversations and in-person catch-ups at work, we may find ourselves feeling rather separate and divided from our colleagues. Effective teamwork in a virtual context takes time and energy, neither of which are plentiful right now.
This session offers you a safe learning space to:
- Pause to reflect on how you’re doing in your teams – not just what you’re doing
- Recognise and review how your teams are responding to current pressures
- Learn ways to enhance your remote team-working, on screen and off
- Embed human and emotional connection into your team-working, to underpin your joint work
- You’ll be encouraged to consider thought-provoking ideas, share your views, discuss issues with colleagues, reflect on your own team leadership, apply your learning to your own context and ask any questions you have.
Leading with Compassion in a Virtual Space
As we all deal with the emotional rollercoaster of Covid-19, being compassionate at work is more important than ever. Under such pressure, we need kindness and human connection more than ever. Despite all our best intentions, creating and leading compassionate cultures in a virtual context is courageous, challenging work.
This interactive masterclass offers you a safe learning space to:
- Understand why and how compassion can wane in our virtual working relationships
- Apply practical tools to enhance your own compassionate leadership practice
- Explore how to model compassionate leadership, even when the pressure is on
- Develop strategies for self-compassion
Embedding Psychological Safety and Compassion into 1-1s
This masterclass is designed for line managers, team leaders and human resources professionals, to support them as they undertake 1:1s with their colleagues.
This session offers participants a safe learning space to:
- Understand the key, relevant aspects of psychological safety and compassionate leadership
- Apply this learning to 1:1s in their own contexts
- Explore how 1:1s can sometimes feel sensitive and tricky, and the challenges this poses
- Learn with and from each other, sharing tips and insights from their leadership practice
Explore resources on virtual leadership topics:
Developing Effective Virtual Teams - Lessons from research | CIPD (May 2020)
Virtual Collaborate | NHS Horizons
Next Generation GP Lancashire - Sharing the learning to emerge from working virtually | Case Study