Why we’re here
Coaching is one of the key approaches through which leadership within organisations can be developed. Coaching is a method of developing an individual's capabilities in order to facilitate the achievement of organisational success. This one to one focused and bespoke relationship is often perceived as the single most effective development intervention that a senior leader in the NHS can access.
To become a coach on the NHS NWLA coaching register you must:
- Be at Band 8a equivalent or above
- Undertake and complete the EMCC recognised 5 day coaching skills development programme or demonstrate alternative evidence of coaching capability
- When approached for coaching via the register, offer up to two hours coaching per month
- Regularly update and maintain records of coaching relationships via the CoachNet system
- Undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to enhance knowledge, develop skills and become more effective at coaching
- Participate in supervision designed to help reflect on and improve coaching effectiveness (the recommendation is to access group supervision on a quarterly basis)
- Operate according to the EMCC Code of Ethics
In return the NHS NWLA will provide access to regular CPD, group supervision sessions and network learning events.
If you are interested in joining the register please email email@example.com
Would you like to:
- Improve confidence
- Improve resilience and ability to handle change
- Improve communication skills and ability to work well with others
Coaching is for you!
Benefit personally from the ability to champion and role-model coaching behaviours across your organisation, whilst helping to ensure we build a culture focused on helping people to achieve their full potential.
If you meet the criteria outlined on the previous page and are interested in accessing a coach please register using the link above.
We are delighted to confirm the details for our upcoming Coaching and Mentoring ...
Unfourtunately our Autumn Network Learning Event is now fully booked. But if you ...
As some of our Coaching members will already aware we are currently undertaking ...
As part of our upcoming Network Learning Events we have confirmed Afternoon Coaching ...
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries you have.
Tools & Resources for Coaches
Tools & Resources for Coachees
How has the BBC used coaching to improve performance?
NHS North West Leadership Academy Coaching Offers
Hitesh Kothari, a GP from Liverpool
Hitesh Kothari, a GP from Liverpool talks about coaching