Why we’re here
Coaching is one of the key approaches through which leadership within organisations can be developed. Coaching is a method of developing an individual's capabilities in order to facilitate the achievement of organisational success. This one to one focused and bespoke relationship is often perceived as the single most effective development intervention that a senior leader in the NHS can access.
To become a coach on the NHS NWLA coaching register you must:
- Be at Band 8a equivalent or above
- Undertake and complete the EMCC recognised 5 day coaching skills development programme or demonstrate alternative evidence of coaching capability
- When approached for coaching via the register, offer up to two hours coaching per month
- Regularly update and maintain records of coaching relationships via the CoachNet system
- Undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to enhance knowledge, develop skills and become more effective at coaching
- Participate in supervision designed to help reflect on and improve coaching effectiveness (the recommendation is to access group supervision on a quarterly basis)
- Operate according to the EMCC Code of Ethics
In return the NHS NWLA will provide access to regular CPD, group supervision sessions and network learning events.
If you are interested in joining the register please email email@example.com
Would you like to:
- Improve confidence
- Improve resilience and ability to handle change
- Improve communication skills and ability to work well with others
Coaching is for you!
Benefit personally from the ability to champion and role-model coaching behaviours across your organisation, whilst helping to ensure we build a culture focused on helping people to achieve their full potential.
If you meet the criteria outlined on the previous page and are interested in accessing a coach please register using the link above.
Why become a Coaching and Mentoring Champion?
As a Coaching and Mentoring Champion you will become a part of a network who are involved in influencing the future North West’s approach to coaching and mentoring whilst supporting this agenda in your locality. The Champion’s role is key for communication with all coaches, coachees, mentors and mentees in our scheme.
We have also commissioned specific CPD opportunities for our Champions to access based on learning needs and areas of developments for the Champions role.
Training sessions for this are being run throughout the year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We have announced an upcoming Coaching and Mentoring Champions Training Session taking place ...
We are delighted to announce the launch of our new coaching and mentoring ...
- Streamlined and updated; the Hub has a new, clean, crisp look. - ...
Follow us on twitter at nhsnwla and contribute to the coaching conversationTweets by @nhsnwla
Don’t Miss Out On
Contact us at email@example.com with any queries you have.